This June, the Intern Development Program (IDP) will be overhauled into six practice-based areas and two experience settings. During the latest episode of NCARB Live, our experts gave advice on navigating these changes.
Watch as NCARB’s Experience + Education Assistant Director Martin Smith, AIA, NCARB, LEED Green Associate, and Customer Relations Director Roxanne Alston answer questions from aspiring architects.
Here’s a sample of your questions:
- What are the IDP supervisor requirements for hands-on construction experience?
- I live in a jurisdiction that requires 5,600 hours—where will I see my hours in the reporting system?
- Can all of my IDP hours be earned in experience setting A?
- What will happen to supplemental experience?
- If I’ve already completed the required 3,740 hours, will the overhaul of IDP affect me?
- What should I do if I have an exemption?
If you have specific questions about your Record, please contact customer service at 202/879-0520.