Construction & Evaluation focuses on the construction administration and post-construction phases of a project. This includes being out on the job site; meeting with contractors, clients, and building officials; and punching lists.
Required hours: 360
Start with smaller tasks that can be performed in the office, and talk with your supervisor about upcoming opportunities to make field observations.
As you gain Construction & Evaluation experience, work with your supervisor to ensure you’re able to complete the following tasks:
- Review shop drawings and submittals during construction for conformance with design intent
- Respond to Contractor Requests for Information
- Complete field reports to document field observations from construction site visit
- Review results from field reports, third-party inspections, and other test results for conformance with contract documents
- Review Application and Certificate for Payment
- Manage project close-out procedures and documentation